Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Jewelry Consultant

I am now a Volunteer Jewelry Consultant for Women At Risk. I officially went through our "training day" last week. I have done a party for my Grandma's church, assisted Becky McDonald at a home party and just hosted my own home party on Monday night. I had a great turn out! We were crammed in my little house. We had a great time! We cried tears of pain for the victims. We were filled with Hope that only comes from our Father! And we shared in LOTS of Laughter over some of the silly things from the W.A.R. chest and the goat project! I sold 8 goats that night!! We now have goats out there named hope, love, joy, gammy, yaya, otis, papa, & dad. The girls had just as much fun naming the goats as we had pigging out over all the food! I am so thankful for this ministry. I am thankful for the bond I share with my sisters in this ministry! I am thankful for the opportunity this ministry brings to give hope to the wounded & lost & to share Christ with everyone. I do NOT like public speaking, but somehow this has come with such ease & comfort. It's such an incredible cause that so many long to learn more about & do what they can to help. I am excited for my next party next week! What girl doesn't love girl time, food, fellowship, jewelry, supporting a great cause?? I absolutely LOVE what I am doing! It doesn't feel like volunteer work (although lifting these huge heavy tubes is more of a workout than I have ever done!!) It just feels great to love what I am doing and know it is something with a great meaning! Thank you Father for giving me this opportunity!

No comments: